Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. is a 1970 book by Judy Blume, typically categorized as a young adult novel, about a preteen girl in sixth grade who grew up with no religion. Margaret's mother is Christian and her father is Jewish, and the novel explores her quest for a single religion. Margaret also confronts many other pre-teen issues, such as buying her first bra, having her first period, coping with belted sanitary napkins (changed to adhesive sanitary pads for the 2006 edition of the book), jealousy towards another girl who has developed a womanly figure earlier than other girls, liking boys, and whether to voice her opinion if it differs from what her girlfriends seem to believe.
The 686th greatest fiction book of all time
This book is on the following lists:
- - 98th on Entertainment Weekly's Top 100 Novels (Entertainment Weekly)
- - TIME Magazine All Time 100 Novels (TIME Magazine)
- - 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime (Amazon.com (USA))
- - The 50 Books Everyone Needs to Read, 1963-2013 (Flavor Wire)
Buy This Book
- Judy Blume: "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret", "Starring Sally J.Freedman as Herself", "Blubber" v. 2
- Are You There God? It's Me Margaret.
- ¿Estás ahí Dios? soy yo, Margaret
- Estas Ahi, Dios? Soy Yo, Margaret.
- By Judy Blume - Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. (Reissue) (2014-05-14) [Hardcover]